Corporate Plan 2008-2011
Improving the quality of life for Papua New
Guineans by being a leading Government economic agency.
We achieve our vision by:
delivering a fair distribution of
opportunities in education, health and income earning to all
Papua New Guineans;
providing sound, timely and influential
economic policy advice and management of the economy based
on informed decision making; and
taking a long term whole of government
- Time for Change - Taim Bilong Senis
- Senisi Negana
- Leading the Way - Soim Rot - Dala
- Encouraging Effort - Sapotim Wok -
- Working Together - Wok Wantaim -
- Undertake research and provide advice to the Government on economic issues.
- Provide advice to Government on financial issues that arise from the National Budget.
- Prepare and monitor the National Budget.
- Provide policy advice to the Government on the finance and resource management of National Government Departments, Provincial and Local Level Government and state owned enterprises.
Consistent with the above objectives, the functions of the Department are categorised and summarised under their own Divisions. Together, they form an integral package of work which essentially supports the achievement of government development aims for which it has a support responsibility.
The six (6) Divisions are as listed. Click to view the functions and structure of each Division:
Click the link below to download a copy of our current Management Structure
Download Management Structure