The main function of Budgets Division is to prepare and coordinate the annual budget for all levels of government, implement sectoral policies through the budget process, control and monitor government expenditure and provide advice and assistance to departments and agencies. The Division undertakes this through the following activities:
- Preparation and coordination of the recurrent and development budgets;
- Assessment of the budget outlook and policy related issues, including advice on expenditure review;
- Preparation of fiscal reports and revenue analysis; and
- Advice on financial relations between national, provincial and local-level governments.
The 5 Branches (Sectors) within the Division are:
- Law & Order
- Economic and Infrastructure